Well, she came back to the apartment today. She is very tired and still struggling with the pain, but doing a little better all the time. She managed a shower in the hospital and sat up for awhile watching TV when she got home. She's resting in bed now. We're watching old movies and taking it easy. I've got bottles of medications lined up on the dresser and a "chart" so I can keep track of what she took when! She is too tired today to read the blog comments or to post, but says she will post tomorrow. She called Sam and Nikko and felt better after that. Sam said she sounds "stuffed up" which made us laugh as this procedure brings new meaning to the phrase "stuffy nose!!"
Keep those prayers coming. She's still reeling from the severity of this operation and feeling a little down at moments. It's going to be a much slower recuperation than she thought. We learned today that it will be Thursday before they remove the packing (ugh!) and then the following Tuesday she'll see the surgeons for a follow up visit, at which time we may learn when we can return to New York.
More tomorrow, from the patient herself, hopefully!!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that Tracy is out of the hospital and in your care. I hope the apartment is nice, cozy, and warm to guard against the early cold winter breeze blowing outside in Pittsburgh right now. Enjoy those old movies--be careful not to get comedies as the laughing could be painful! :) Let me know if you need anything as I'm right in town.
Go Tracy! And don't hesitate to take your pain meds! Fighting pain can leave you exhausted all by itself, never mind the other trauma you're experiencing. It will get better...one day at a time.
I'll second Molly's comment--drugs are your friend! Hang in there--hugs from Maggie and me.
I've just entered the blog for the first time, and read all of your fantastic posts, Denise. You've made it so much easier for me to feel connected to Tracy during the hospital stay and the surgery from across the miles.
Tracy, I can't wait to read your posts. Please get to the keyboard as soon as you can so that I can have my Tracy fix! I miss you!
I'm thrilled to hear that the surgery went as well as it did, and I'm interested in hearing about the new diagnosis. I'm really sympathetic regarding your facial and head pain! There is, perhaps, nothing worse than that. On the other hand, it sounds as though you're feeling less pain each day, which is great.
Hurry back! Much love from Ithaca.
My best thoughts are beamed your way for a full recovery and an easing of the pain in the near-term, Tracy! I'll spare you having to read the lengthy Jewish prayer for healing, but I have said it. Seems that "short & pithy" are generally eschewed by the rabbis and scholars of Jewish faith - LOL!
The M&Ms said to say "Hi!" and that they miss you ;-) There are some almond species in the jar now. Can't promise they'll be there long...
I'll second what Molly said about taking the meds. To quote what a wise woman once told me: "In life, pain is inevitable; suffering, however, is optional".
Let me know if you want me to drive Sam and Nikko down to see you. It would be my pleasure to do this for you and for them. Really! Stop worrying about that :-)
Tracy! You sound like YOU (in writing). I was so happy to read your analytical assessment of your condition. That is avery good sign. I remember that horrible feeling after my wisdom teeth were removed (many moons ago) in the hospital. Mouth packed, I woke up not being able to breathe- terrifying! I pulled everything out of my mouth to the horror of the nurses but I BREATHED! (They have no idea!) Keep on the healing path.
Much love,
Leslie, Peter, and Mady
Post a Comment